Special Guest Speaker
Emily Felt, SC Director of Energy Policy, Duke Energy
View a video recap here.
View the presentation here.
Brandon Worley, Executive Director, Upstate-Carolina Adaptive Golf, spoke about the Program:
- Established in Oct 2018
- What started as a college project has become a full program.
- Training at Clemson U; got some students involved.
- Started our first clinic in July 2019 at Top Golf
- Build camaraderie, socialization.
- Veterans, adults, and children
- Started with 4-5 participants; now 46 participants.
- Well over 50 trained volunteers.
- Provide opportunities to help others discover their opportunities.
- Mostly GVL, some in Clemson and Anderson
- We are pushing to Spartanburg (Mary Black Fdtn)
- We will work with anyone with physical limitations.
*Read Brandon’s article about the program here.
Learn more about the Program: https://ucagnow.org/
Michael Hildebrand, Director, Upstate Mobility Alliance, featured a few exciting projects ongoing:
- Greenwood started their new transportation service; 5 mi radius around Greenwood, mostly medical transports.
- Abbeville has sent a grant request in; hoping to start a service (mostly medical) as well.
- Also in Greenwood, they are discussing how van pools can attract and retain workers.
- Spartanburg is also doing great work with van pools. The city voted in June to use funds for a 2-year pilot program. They are recruiting companies now.
*Learn more about the Upstate Mobility Alliance: https://www.upstatemobilityalliance.org/