Ten at the Top Update, Dean Hybl
Year in Review 2020 released – thank you to our partners for their continued support!
Next week is Sneak Pique, Wednesday, January 27 from 10:00am-11:00am, featuring training and recruitment specialists from Scansource presenting Networking in a Digital Age. Register here.
February 3 from 3:00pm-4:00pm is the Upstate Entrepreneur Ecosystem Workshop on the Second Draw of PPP with Kunal Parikh, Policy Advisor from Senator Tim Scott’s office, and Earl Gregorich of the Greenville Area Small Business Development Center. Register here.
February 24 from 10:00am-11:00am is the Upstate Professional Planners Group Workshop with the Upstate Mobility Alliance and Greenlink, an interactive model exercise for the Freedom Mobility program. Register here.
Upstate Mobility Alliance, Michael Hildebrand
- Kicking off quarterly series focused on the connection between transportation and community vibrancy
- In February 23 meeting with city managers from the Golden Strip, Mauldin, Simpsonville and Fountain Inn, and county administrator for Laurens County, and how they see communities growing and in the next 20 years and the role transportation plays
- Next up Jody Bryson with ITIC for podcast series
Spartanburg, Cherokee, Union Counties – readySC, LaTokia Trigg
- Latokia is the Representative Area Director for the Spartanburg Community College service area
- readySC is part of the SC Technical College system that assists new and expanding industry with recruitment and training
- There are currently projects open in Spartanburg and Cherokee Counties
- All projects have adjusted to COVID-19 including AIRYSS Technologies, one posting available at sctechjobs.com
- Following CDC guidelines for training, some in-person trainings
Greenwood County – Barbara Ann Heegan, Greenwood Chamber of Commerce
- Conducting survey and listening tour of members and non-members to gauge how businesses are doing, results next week
- Economic Development initiative, Greenwood Together, to advance economic and community development that will enhance the quality of life in Greenwood County, partnering with industry recruitment retention efforts of county, Discover Greenwood and the Uptown Development Corporation to market assets across all sectors
- Public transportation work ongoing with county
View the presentation here.
View a video recap here.