- This event has passed.
Beachin’ Fridays: The Catalinas
July 29@7:00 pm
The Catalinas began in 1957 and celebrates their 63 Anniversary in 2020! The band’s popularity is based primarily in southeastern U.S. However, their music is played on radio stations in the UK, Greece and Australia to name a few. Known for their quality, tight sound and energy onstage, they are one of the “in demand” groups for city festivals, weddings and private parties, always playing a variety of music that suits all ages. Though known primarily for Beach music, regionally and nationally for the mega hit “Summertime’s Callin’ Me,” they play all styles to a high standard of excellence. “Summertime’s Callin’ Me” has become the anthem of North and South Carolina beach goers as they struggle through the winter waiting on summer to arrive. The band’s latest CD, Dancin’ Romancin’, was nominated for “Album of the Year” at the year’s Carolina Beach Music Awards. The band’s latest single, “Beyond the Sea,” is near the top 10 on Fess Hooks chart on JukinOldies.com. The Catalinas recently welcome their newest member, Angela Resignalo as a lead vocalist in the band! Angela is from Mt Airy, NC and was recently a star performer at the Rudy Theater in Selma, NC since 2006. Be listening and watching out for new recordings featuring her very soon!
- All shows are FREE of charge and general admission.
- Lawn chairs and/or blankets are welcome for all outdoor shows.
- Outside food and beverages are prohibited. Food and beverage vendors will be on-site.
- Attendees must be age 21+ to consume alcohol. An ID and wristband ($1) will be required.
- Leashed dogs are allowed at this event.